13.6.09

//dangerously manifested curiosity.

I study cultures, their vast differences and even more vast similarities. The way cultures approach the world, how they view it, handle it, cope within it. I study people and the way this man-made environment shape and change their lives.

So it's only natural that I would love to see where the breaches of technology land me. If you're from India, Russia, Spain, Australia, France, Egypt, anywhere, and you're looking at my blog, I've accomplished my goal; To have my words, thoughts, and opinions on the eyes and minds of anyone outside my own cultural realm.

See, I've learned that any sort of cultural interaction, even one through the internet has the vast power to change a person, to influence them to think about something differently, to see something unlike it was seen before. Though interesting, the fine fine line between cultural preservation and cultural openness treads on a tricky, and near impossible slope... There is no one answer, each situation is unique.

BUT there are two general options: abolish all cultural interconnectedness (globalization, etc.) in order to keep the groups, in for instance, Papua New Guinea practicing their own "occult" religions; or open up our borders, share culture, spread it, eventually resulting in a "cosmopolitan society" where everyone knows everyone's customs, and nothing is no longer considered strange, or foreign. To me, that would make this world lose a lot of its beauty. It goes back to this "fine fine line" we're treading on, the solution-less one.

I really could go on forever, i mean, it's what I have to write a 50+ page thesis on in about a year.

Basically though, I was just trying to explain the new "who.amung.us" app I added. To clarify that it is not to see WHO'S stalking me, not specifics, more or less it's just my general curiosity acting up.
"where in the world is carmen sandiego", we never really know, but we have a general idea.
... plus who did curiosity ever hurt, except for a nameless homogenized cat.
-douche chill.

No comments: